New Investigator Resources
Getting Started in Research
Engineering Research Administration (ERA) provides new investigators with a wealth of resources for initiating proposal activity. A comprehensive orientation to ERA and the support we offer can be accessed in the Getting Started in Research Guide
ERA Research Administrator Role
In partnership with ERA, the following links also provide tools to assist faculty in proposal preparation and management of post-award activities.
- Task Summary Provides a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual breakdown of what PIs can expect from their Research Administrator.
- Faculty Financial Inquiry Tool (FFIT)An online financial tool that provides faculty with balances and drill-down transaction details for all individually owned accounts and funds (SUNet ID required).
Proposal Preparation Links
- Stanford Electronic Research Administration (SeRA)A portal that supports various stages of the sponsored project lifecycle and includes the Proposal Development Routing Form (PDRF).
- Cayuse Resource for Stanford researchers who are applying for federal grants; replaces paper applications with electronic forms and is the central portal for grant announcements and submissions; used to submit and upload proposals to sponsors.
- fastlane.nsf.govThe National Science Foundation's (NSF) online website through which the foundation conducts business with researchers and potential researchers, reviewers and research administrators.
- Data Management Planning ToolOnline resource for composing data management plans. Includes funding agency requirements, suggestions and guidelines, links to Stanford-specific guidance as well as other helpful links, and suggested answer text for those interested in preserving and sharing data via the Stanford Digital Repository.
Quick Facts and Guides
- Institutional Facts Facts about Stanford that must be included in most proposals.
- Getting Started in Research at Stanford Helpful information and links for new faculty and other researchers.
- Export Control Quick Guide Learn the do's and dont's of export controls.
- Fly America & Open Skies Quick Guide Learn about what you need to know before traveling.
- PIVOT Quick Guide This guide will assist you in using Pivot, a premier subscription database for locating funding opportunities to support research.