ERA Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
ERA Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging (DEIB)
Engineering Research Administration (ERA) at Stanford places the utmost importance on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in its policies, practices and activities. We maintain an organizational culture that is open and welcoming to all.
Objectives of the ERA-DEIB Working Group are to:
- Examine ERA policies and practices for screening, interviewing and hiring personnel to deidentify the process.
- Gain greater personal awareness and understanding of racism and bias, suggesting specific actions to change beliefs and behaviors.
- Includes recognizing cultural differences and providing a “safe space” in which to discuss and reflect upon our perceptions.
- Encourage more effective broadening participation plans and activities in research proposals.
- Participate in university-wide efforts to expand diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Periodically hold open office hour with ERA leadership to discuss these efforts and to provide reconnaissance from key meetings.
- Build resources (bibliography, filmography, etc.) for access by ERA staff.
- Facilitate meaningful discussions of these resources, reflecting on different perspectives.
- Explore organizations, media and cultural events to understand larger-world perspectives, including the history, heritage and origins of racial minorities in the United States.
Need more information? Please contact: Blythe Nobleman, Research Development Strategist & Scholarly Editor